Tuesday, January 02, 2007

resolutions...

i hate this time of year. i LOVE november thru december, but come january first....ugh. why? its because every year we are supposed to make resolutions. instead of making you feel better, they make you feel worse b/c you realize you never stuck to last years, and the year before that, so why bother?!? because THIS year you're going to stick to it.....RIIIGHT!!!pound.

so what are mine, you ask.... i'm still coming up with them. our church does a yearly fast and during that time you reflect on things you want to see come to pass. this will be friday thru sunday night, so no blogging during that time for me. anyway, i've already started the list...

1. duh, lose 15 pounds. i've been 140 for a year now..time to drop some weight. fifteen puts me at my wedding weight.

2. take better care of my skin. weird, right? well, i'm horrible about applying lotions, taking that chipping nail polish off, *ahem* shaving (yeah, after mommyhood left me rushing through shower, shaving became a luxury!), etc... this year i want to tap into my girly side and take better care of my skin.

...okay, my head is throbbing since i made it to the gym for the first time in a long time and i ate well....i thought these things were supposed to make you feel BETTER!?!?!

2 comments:

huwhat said...

Amanda posting!! huwhat! You're a fantastic story teller, and look forward to hearing about your mundane suburban life.

PS. the pics of Kai taken by the studio guy are awesome.

Deb said...

I've never done a resolution in my life. Because I know I'll never keep them. But with my future mommyhood coming I need to start. So #1 - I need to shed thoses pounds!