Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Do I have to title these??

So, mom left town for Hawaii today. I already totally miss her. I know, I'm 27, what's the big deal? Well, unlike most, I talk to my mom at least 5 times a day. Seriously. Once on the way to work, several times during the day (if not calling, then emailing), on the way home, and after my son is asleep. I know, its odd, but she's like my best friend. I tell her everything. She's the one who knocks sense into me when I'm being unreasonable and she the one in my corner when I feel hurt by others...she's my mom!

Anyway, they left around 11. We had already talked 3 times and one email before then. :) I'm assuming they are just arriving in Maui since its 8pm here. I had some interesting things happen today.

For starters, why don't men think things through?!? (CD-If you read this I really don't care, just wish Chad would have told me). Chad has known for several weeks that the producer for *hopefully* his next film project was coming into town today to meet with investors. I asked Chad a couple of days ago to let him know he was more than welcome to stay with us. I asked Chad a few days later if he'd be staying here, Chad replied that he didn't know. Well today I'm at work and Chad calls and says, "oh by the way KD is staying with us until Saturday." SAY WHAT!?!?

Thank goodness I cleaned out the guest bedroom (aka CVS Pharmacy) this weekend since we are having another guest stay with us Sunday night. But all I could think about was the food that Kai had flung on the floor during breakfast, the toys that were scattered about the house, and the I have no snack foods for guests. And the counters hadn't been wiped down and the floors needing vacuuming and are there toys in the tub that our guest will be bathing in??!?! So I tell Chad, PLEASE try to pick things up for me or I'm going to leave work to do it myself. He assures me it'll be fine, um , yeah...men. I got home and nothing had been touched except the kitchen sink had been cleaned out and there was a towel with a bar of soap laid out in the guest bathroom. MEN!

Not that I think a man really cares if my floors are clean or if toys are everywhere...but it bothers me. Before Kai, I was such a neat and orderly person. Where has that gone?!?! Today I was in the guestroom and saw two cans of tomatoes on the floor, odd. Then there was another can in the hallway, followed by one on the coffee table and one int the play room. Yeah, *someone* enjoys carrying the canned goods alllllllll over my house. And the food on the floor. It doesn't matter if I get under that highchair the moment he throws somethings, there will ALWAYS be something I miss that forever attaches itself to my beautiful hardwood!!!!

Its funny because every night before bed we spend time cleaning these same old messes, but before I leave for work in the morning you could never tell. I wish we had little cleaning fairies that could come while you are at work everyday and straighten things so that when you get home everything looks nice and orderly.

Moving on....my weekend will be so hectic. First off I have my house guest. Then Friday is the ladies meeting at church. Saturday is a friends babies first birthday. Sunday is Lyndee's (my sister in law) baby shower. Sunday night house guest #2 arrives.....oh, did I mention the potential for an ice storm during my SILs baby shower?!?!

My second house guest for the weekend is my cousin Trip. He's 7. His parents are going on a much needed cruise. The bad news is his mother's father (no relation to me) will most likely pass away when they are gone. (they will be here in time for the funeral and have already said their goodbyes). Its so sad he was diagnosed just before Christmas with pancreatic cancer and will most likely not survive the weekend. :( SO SAD! The cruise is business, not pleasure, so they feel they need to go, esp since he's already unconscious.

ANYWAY, what do you do with a 7 year old and a toddler?!? I was going to take them to the stock show on Monday, but given the current weather forecast, I'm not sure we'll want to be out. I'm thinking of building a huge fort in my game room using old sheets and ordering pizza and having a picnic. :) Would that be fun??

Wow, I need a shower before the guys get back. PRAISE THE LORD that I got another Chi iron for Christmas. Once again I don't *have* to dry my hair every time I wash it. I know, lazy bum!

No comments: