Friday, February 04, 2005

6 weeks, 4 days

I'm tired of food.



Yes, you heard me. If you know me very well at all you know this is TOTALLY out of character for me. I normally love food. No longer, I tell you, no longer.



Lets take today for example. I'm driving to work today and hear the McMuffin commercial. I almost had to pull over to gag. It was the most disgusting thing I had heard of....still is, thinking about it makes me want to gag. The McGriddle, my onetime love, nasty. Magazine ads, TV ads, radio ads, and the like send me in to gag-land...the bad thing is, they are everywhere!!



Then, lunch time. I dread lunch. It seems to be my worst meal of the day. Everyday its something different. Whatever did it for me the day before, sends me running to the bathroom the next. Yesterday I had the best baked potato for lunch. I swore that today the same thing would be good since its relatively a bland food (to read why I'm against spicy foods read yesterday). Not true. I went up there got my potato, sat down at my desk and had to force myself to eat it. I need nutrition, I need to eat...this has become the most complicated thing in life!



Smells. Uck. Whoever told me that I would become sensitive to smells completely understated the situation. I don't even think I can go into it because thinking about smelling will make me sick.



I'm beginning to think I'm part crazy. I keep thinking this is all a mental thing. Partly because I remember back when dieting I would tell Chad, "I can't eat it, I just can't." And he would say, "That's all mental." I see now, that in truth, I could have probably ate the stinking chicken. So, I wonder, could I still eat these foods?



It's actually getting to be a pretty expensive habit. I never know what I'll want therefore I have to eat out (if I'm out). I go to the store everyday to buy whatever it is that I think will settle the beast inside me for the day.



Which brings me to my next topic (or should I soapbox) today...I need to start eating earlier. Since my new bedtime is 8pm, I really shouldn't be having dinner at 7. My food just ends up keeping me up all night long. And that is just plain miserable!



I don't want this whole blog to be so negative. I mean yesterday was the best day I can remember that I've had since being pregnant. (Probably because I got 13 hours of sleep) I just want to keep record of what I'm really going through each day. Everyday I'm learning something new that helps the next day. I mean, who would have thought eating crackers in bed would help?!? So, please don't take all of this as complaining. I think of it as learning and expressing. :) I couldn't be happier to be having a baby.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Chad
COngratulations of course. And i wish both of you the best of luck during the coming months.

Kevin Jr.