Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break!

What a week!!!

Spring in Texas is wonderful. I have been LOVING this weather. Highs in the 70's all week and nothing but sunshine. Yes, I LOVE a good rain (esp. TX spring storms), but this weather is fantastic. Last weeks cold and rainy seems like a distant memory!

I think I appreciate the nice weather more and more as Kai gets older because it means more and more time outside. We have been outside at lease 5-6 hours ALL WEEK!! I'm amazed that we've done it, but its been great. Usually, I get bored, especially with being as big as I am right now and not being able to "play" as well. But, since Kai as at the age where he can run around and handle all the playground equipment, we are good to go! Luckily, I have met a lot more stay-at-home moms and that has really helped, too.

My favorite day of spring break had to be Wednesday. We went to MiMi and Poppy's (my parents) house to play outside. M & P's house is always relaxing for me and fun for Kai. They have this wonderful "side yard" around the driveway that is gated. So, I get to sit back on the lounge chair and Kai can play play play. Wednesday, I was sunning my belly while Kai played in the sand box and the *gasp* the pool!

But, even after all the fun we are having, Kai keeps asking when he gets to go back to school. :) I love how happy he is there.

No comments: