Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Great new snack....and other food things...

I am very happy with my current weight gain in this pregnancy. As mentioned before, I gained 60 pounds with Kai, and with 8 weeks to go, I'm just sitting at 30 lbs. So...there is NO way I'll hit 60 again - YAY!!

To celebrate this "lack" of weight gain (I should say lack of *excess* weight gain), I've decided to start making some recipes that I know once this baby comes I won't be able to eat. I star recipes that come across my google reader, bookmark sites or save emails all of the time. Most of the time these recipes are not "diet" friendly so I can't make them at home. If you don't know, my husband will not eat something that I can't provide nutritional data for...no, I'm not kidding. SO, since I know that I'll head straight back to Weight Watchers in about 3 months, I'm making these recipes. Luckily, some aren't as good as I was expecting....others are toooooo good!

I've been following a high school friend via her blog for awhile now. Recently, she started posting her menu plans, which I LOVE! (who doesn't need weekly ideas??) Then she started a food blog which I also love. Have I told you how I love food?? Anyway, she posted this great recipe for a snack mix for kids (and adults). I just tried it and it makes a TON and the good thing is it takes Kai awhile to eat out of his snack bowl since he's digging for his favorites first. Enjoy!
- 12 oz honey roasted peanuts
- 5 cups rice chex
- bag of m&m's
- 16 oz pretzels
- 14 oz box cheese-its (parm & cheddar were GREAT!)
Mix together and store in airtight container.

No comments: