Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The homestretch...

Well, I'm here. Kenlee is still baking nicely away. I'm due in 12 days, but what does that mean really?? I'm huge and uncomfortable, but what else is to be expected at this point in pregnancy, right?

I'm overall doing okay. Sleep has been the worst thing affecting my life at this point. I'll have like three or four really horrible nights of sleep and then one rock solid night. Heartburn or just general discomfort seem to be the biggest two culprits.

This morning, Kai woke me up as usual and we spent about 30 min cuddling, dozing and watching cartoons. When Chad got up to make his breakfast, I rolled over and fell asleep. Probably the best hour of sleep in weeks. I missed my BSF today because of it, but it was SO worth it to me.

Saturday I'm having some maternity pictures taken. I swore I would never do it. I hate my pregnant body, BUT I have been convinced and now I'm kinda into it. I hope to be able to say, "These were taken days before you were born."

I have decided that this baby can come anytime after the tenth (like I have a say!). I want the pictures to be done. I want my midwife assistant, Abby, to be in town. I want to enjoy Mother's Day with both my families. I was saying the 12th because that was my hair appointment, but Lyndee was kind enough to do it early for the pics...so now I don't have to wait anymore.

I swear I will write my blog on my road to midwifery. I've been meaning to do it for months and I really want to have it done before the birth because I know I'll have so much more to write after the birth. I just can't decide where to start... Do I start with my last c-section? Do I start when I found out I was pregnant?

And honestly, typing isn't easy anymore. I don't know how to hold my computer! HA!

3 comments:

Little April said...

Oh bless your heart, I have never benn more than 36 weeks pregnant so I have no idea what you must be feeling at this point, I cant wait to see the pics!!!

Deb said...

Start with the C-section! Of course you can wait until after Kenlee arrives and type while you snuggle.

I'm glad you're doing the pictures. You'll enjoy them in years to come. Just don't do one of those belly molds!

Jess said...

You're alive! Can't wait to see your pics.