Friday, March 16, 2007

Well, it got worse.

You know, this post is to complain, vent, have a pity party, and praise. Yeah, I know, that's a lot of emotion.

Last week was so difficult with Kai being so sick. I had never had a an ear infection so I couldn't even relate to the pain he was in. I was home most all of the week babying my baby. On Thursday I began to get a scratchy throat, nothing new this time of the year.

Friday I woke up with a horrible cough and throat pain. But I was determined to keep my girls night. We had fun, but a shoooed everyone out by ten because I started feeling so bad. Chad left Friday evening for KC, so I knew I was in for a long weekend.

By Monday I was miserable. I didn't even sleep on Sunday night. The congestion was so bad that my face just ached. I called the dr first thing in the morning and got in. She said what I had was viral and there wasn't too much they could do but let it run its course. Not what I wanted to hear.

I continued to work all week. I was so far behind from missing most of last week. And its so hard since I'm the only employee....ugh, what I would do to have an assistant.

It also very hard to be sick around my husband, because he never gets sick, so he really can't sympathize much. I find myself constantly trying to prove to him how bad it is. But he was SO great this week. Taking care of Kai etc...

Wednesday Chad and I BOTH woke up with pink eye! OMG! Luckily the pedi had warned me that it might happen and told me to see the same drops as Kai if I got it. Needless to say, we didn't go to church. Thankfully, the pink eye went away fast since we already knew what it was and caught it early.

Thursday morning I woke up with a horrible earache, something I have never had before. I called the dr again and got an antibiotic finally. But something still wasn't right. I went to bed Thursday night...but not for very long. at 1:30 a piercing pain shot through my ears. I immediately sat up and starting praying. I woke Chad up to lay hands on me. We prayed continually for a I think an hour. And the pain went away. At 330 the same thing happened again but worse. I told Chas we needed to go to the hospital, I couldn't take the pain. But the the rationale side of me figured there was no point going there, sitting for two hours and paying $200 when my dr office would be opening about the time I'd be seen.

We stayed awake praying and reading until Chad had to leave for work. Sometime later I must have fallen back asleep but I woke up at 730 and Merrilee was here getting Kai up for me. I was so thankful. I got into the doctor at ten. Double ear infection. Nice. I feel so bad that babies go through such pain.

They gave me a shot and told me to go home and sleep. That shot took all the pain away and chad and I slept for almost 4 hours.

I'm feeling better now. Still pain, but at least we are managing it.

I can't thank my husband enough for helping me so much this week. He really stepped it up when I needed him. Literally taking care of me and getting anything I needed when I needed it. He also made sure that someone could help me if he couldn't be here. He's so great.

No comments: