Friday, March 16, 2007

Precious Moments

As you read in my last few posts, we've been pretty under the weather. I spoiled Kai so much last week that once I got sick this week I don't think he quite understood. I have felt guilt all week for not being the most nurturing mom. But tonight, I was reminded that its ok. It's okay to take care of me sometimes, he understands.

Chad had his class and volleyball this evening. I was worried at first, but with the pain management going so well, I knew I could do it. About 4:45 Kai and I went outside. My child LIVES to be outside. He played and played while I sat and soaked in the healing sun.

Then we went to Wendys. When we got home I pulled out his little tikes picnic table and set out our food. We had out first picnic, we shared fries and chatted about the bird that was singing in the tree. Kai waved bye-bye to the passing cars and gave me kisses between bites. It was so special. It was one of those moments that you thanks god for being a mom and having that precious child. You thank God for the blessing that they continually add to your life.

Also, I have to mention that my sister in law is THIS CLOSE to having her baby. I'm almost thankful he didn't make his arrival yet since I've been so sick, i know selfish. I told her Monday that I'm almost more excited than she is. Just to know that someone else is about to know a love like no other is thrilling. To know that our boys are so close in age and will be attending the same childcare and growing up together is so wonderful. She's been sucha champ through her pregnancy. Honestly she makes me a little sick on how great she looks. She's going to make a wonderful mommy and I can't wait to meet my new nephew. I'll post as soon as he makes his debut. :) Due date is the 22nd, but I'm betting on Monday.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I hope she'll let you post his picture on here when he shows up.

I'm soooo looking forward to those Precious Moments of my own.

Glad you're feeling a little better. What a week.

Great then and now pictures. Kai's grown so much.