Sunday, August 26, 2007

Longest week ever.

This week started out with the flight below on Monday.

On Tuesday, as I'm getting dressed I hear a dripping noise. Interesting, I think I must have left a faucet leaking the entire time I was gone. I look around and sure enough the tub is wet, but the faucets are dry. You know what that means? Yup, big ol leak in the ceiling! Turns out the AC was leaking. Great. So that took a whole day. Now I have to get the darn thing fixed.

Wednesday, Kai had a massive meltdown in Albertsons over some cars. He whined all through the store. I only went in for three items before church. As I'm checking out he tries to stand up in the cart. I quickly grab him and put him in the big part of the cart. When I turn back around he's still wiggin' out and has a leg over the side. I'm thinking, "what the heck??" So I go to hold him and he's squirming to get loose. So, out of curiosity, I let him down to see what he's wanting. He RUNS to the center of the self checkout lanes where there is a display of cars. Not the cars in packages but little metal cars ($4.99/each). He grabs two and sits on the floor and starts playing. I finish my quick checkout and try to explain that we can't take them. So I was surprised when he put one up. But, he had a death grip on the school bus. Of course, you know how the story ends, I ended up having to rip it from his hands and running out of the store with a screaming toddler. I will forever have sympathy for other moms.

Thursday was pretty decent. I can't think of any major fits. I did get to go see my old boss who I miss dearly.

Friday...diarrhea starts. Nasty rank diarrhea. Nuf said.

Saturday, nasty diarrhea continues. I run by Tom Thumb on my way home from mom and dad's to get flavored water since I'm not giving Kai milk or juice as both seem to be going right through him. I get home and reach in for some ice and feel water. What??? Sure enough, EVERYTHING is melted....frozen veggies are mushy, frozen dinners are runny, and ice cream, well you know. THe day before i ran back in the house to grab some fish to take to mom and dad's, i guess i didn't properly shut the freezer. We have a door alarm, but it doesn't do you any good if you aren't home to hear it. I think the worst part was I couldn't blame anyone. I was all my fault. So I had to throw EVERYTHING out. I went to WalMart later to restock it. It only took $40. Luckily all of my frozen meats are in the outside freezer.

Today is Sunday. We are still exploding, so no church for us. I'm so stir crazy its silly. But really, where can I go?? What if we explode??


Mere said...

You poor about a nutzo week! I've been praying for y' was your week with Chad?? I start school tomorrow...I'll be a sophomore...I guess I am looking foward to it....but not the 5:30 am wakeup calls....If you have time...I posted some challenges....They aren't hard. It was out of boredom while trying to go to sleep last week. I bid on a brand new 2T thomas outfit on eBay for Kai's b-day. I wish I could buy him a toy....but I figured clothes would be easiest to ship. Call or e-mail soon....I miss y'all!!

Love, Mere

Debbie said...

What a week. Bet you're glad to see Monday!