Monday, January 31, 2005

6 weeks

Well, we had a pretty busy weekend. Friday we managed to move all of the "big" furniture into our home before the rain started back up. Yippe! So we were able to sleep in our new house for the first time. Very different. In the apartment, we had about a foot all around the bed for, we have like 8 feet. Our furniture looks so small!

The apartment is now a disaster area. All of our junk is on the floor since all of our cabinets and shelving have been moved. It's so stressful to have TWO homes in pieces. Its nice to know we have a month to finish the move. I anticipate that we will continue going to the apartment to grab what we need/want, and whatever is left over will go to charity.

Saturday was a rough day for me. We got up at 8 for the alarm guy to install the alarm, only to find out he couldn't do so since the phone wasn't hooked up yet. Boo! So, we went to Waffle House, which ended up making me very ill. I've determined that these all-natural prenatal vitamins are what is making me so sick. Every time I take them I want to throw up whatever I last ate, but if I don't take them I'm fine. So, I have decided to stop taking them until my doctors appointment tomorrow when they will give me the real prenatal vitamins.

Chad and I decided to try to move some small stuff, but I basically laid in bed and told him what to make sure to get. I'm very happy he is as understanding as he is. By the afternoon, I was feeling a bit better and was able to shower and go to Home Depot, my new favorite store. Chad played with his new big screen TV while waiting for the cable guys. The cable people were supposed to be there between 1 and 4, they showed up at six! So annoying. Chad paid them an extra $100 to run our speaker wires through the attic. We now have the hottest system in town! :)

Sunday, as usual, we went to church. The guest minister preached on salt and being salt and every time he said "salt" I started to get more nauseous. Afterward we went to my mother-in-law's for lunch. She has offered to keep the baby in the afternoons, until I get home from work, if I can find morning care. Apparently a good friend of mine from church is wanting to start an in-home care business, I'll have to talk to her about that the next time I see her. Merrilee and I will talk more about it later, but that would be a great help. I had to leave pretty quick because Meagan's shower was at 2 and I was meeting mom at 1:30. When I left my in-laws all decided to go work on my house (I'm so blessed).

The shower was a lot of fun. Meagan definitely did a better job at registering than I did. Of course, she mainly got barware, so maybe that was it. I didn't register for serving pieces, which I have lived to regret. I guess I can ask to borrow hers. :) After she opened gifts for two straight hours, she announced to the room that I was pregnant. It meant a lot to me that she wanted to do so at 'her' special event.

I was so tired after leaving the shower, that I had already decided that I was going to take a nap as soon as I got home. I was defeated thinking about all the stuff I still had to put away (at both places). When I pulled up to the house I noticed that everyone's cars were still there, which was odd because they had been there for over four hours. When I walked in everything was put away for me, the tarps were off the floors, and they were painting the hallway. I was in shock! I didn't have to do anything...which was good since I was feeling rather puny.

This morning was pretty rough. I knew I couldn't do my usual Monday ballcap since I have a luncheon to attend, so that sucked! I got up and put a bagel in the toaster, by the time I took it out I was too nauseous to eat it. The smell repulsed me. Then I got all dressed planning to wear my brown boots, only to realize that one is still at the apartment...grrrr! As I was leaving I grabbed a tortilla, purposing to eat it on the way to work....I ate a bite, but threw the rest out after I got to work, yuck. Then I saw someone carrying in a box of corn flakes and it stirred in me that I wanted Frosted Flakes. Yea! I was hungry for something. I ran upstairs to the onsite cafeteria and bought some Frosted Flakes and my one coke for the day....and life is good again!!

So, the weekend is over, the house is painted, the apartment is in disarray, I'm off the prenatals, I never want to hear the word salt again, and all I want to eat today is Frosted Flakes!

Have a great Monday!

No comments: